by Jamie Peters
Most people should see the optometrist in the Mesa, CA area once every two years. However, there are certain patients who would do better to see the eye doctor more frequently. Read on to learn five reasons you may need to see the doctor once a year.
- Eye Injury: Have you recently injured your eye? Maybe you had to have eye surgery. Either way, this incident could be enough to require a more frequent trip to the optometrist. These regular visits may help ensure your eyes continue to function well.
- Health Issues: Certain health issues, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, may put you at higher risk for having eye health issues. You may need to start seeing your eye doctor more frequently in order to give your doctor a good reference point.
- Family History: Always tell your doctor about family medical history regarding glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration or corneal diseases. The more your doctor knows, the better glaucoma or cataract treatment you will be able to receive.
- Occupational Hazard: Some jobs put more stress on eyes than others. Construction workers may be at risk for foreign bodies getting lodged in their eye, but those who work on the computer are at risk for dry eye disease.
- Medications: Did you know some medications may lead to vision complications? Always keep your Vision Solutions eye care specialist up to date on the medications you take.
It may be hard to know how often you should see the doctor. Your vision and eye health may be stellar now, but you might be missing small warning signs of a bigger issue. If you are at a higher risk for developing vision problems, be sure to see your optometrist in the Lemon Grove, CA area on a regular basis. Talk with your eye doctor to find out how often you should have your comprehensive eye exam.