Dr. Peters spent her years at Penn State University determined to pursue a life in the medical field. She gravitated to the field of optometry and has enjoyed being able to truly change lives by treating children and adults for their visual problems. She opened her private practice in 1997 and became very interested in myopia control in 2004 when she studied to become orthokeratology certified and has since treated people of all ages with this technique. As a member of the International Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control, she is part of a unique set of practitioners excelling and specializing in the control of myopia advancement. She is also highly trained in other technical contact lens specialties involving treatment of eye diseases with custom contact lenses.
- Orthokeratology and myopia control
- Specialty Contact Lenses
- Glaucoma treatment
- Pediatric vision
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University University Park PA 1992 Major: General Life Science
- O.D. Southern California College of Optometry Fullerton CA 1996 Doctor of Optometry
- High School: Kutztown Area High School, Kutztown, PA
- Partner, Family I Care/Vision Solutions, La Mesa CA 2000 to present
- Kaiser Permanente San Diego CA 1997-present
- Optometrist providing primary eye care examinations and medical contact lens fittings.
- Eye Care of La Jolla La Jolla Ca 1996-1999
- Optometrist in a multi-specialty ophthalmology practice providing specialized contact lens fittings, primary eye care and management of ocular infections
- Associated Eye Surgeons La Jolla CA 1999
Erickson, Graham, Peters, Jamie S, and Chun, Randall.
Intrasubject reliability of the AcuVision 1000. 1996 Doctoral thesis
- 1992-present: American Optometric Association
- 1992-present: California Optometric Association
- 2010-present: Orthokeratology Academy of America
- 2010-present: International Academy of Orthokeratology
- 1996- present: Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy
- Hospice Service-Providing eye care for the terminally ill and home-bound patients.
- Lion’s Eye Clinic-Providing free eye examinations to low-income families